Re: [Spridgets] Holy Spirite over the Continental Divide

To: "Mike/Donna Carpenter" <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>, "Spridget
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Spirite over the Continental Divide
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:10:26 -0500
> This kinda reminds me of the argument that you can shrink a race track to
> the point that only a Go-kart can get round it .  Spridgets do very well
> when the advantage is in their favor.

We used to bring the cones to the track in a trailer behind a big old Caddy
and run the Caddy through the course once it was laid out so that no one
could complain that their car did not fit. I will admit that this course was
a bit biased in favor of Spridgets, but I will be darned if I can figure out
quite how. There was no place where a large car would not fit. FTD was a BMW
M3. It was one of the first tracks, however, where I really wasn't wishing
that there was twice the HP under my right foot. OTOH, I have NEVER driven
an autocross course where Spridgets did not have the advantage over MGBs and
Heavey Healeys.
That was the point I was trying to make somewhat obtusely before; the MGBs
and Heavey Healeys have to resort to talking down at the Spridgets to hide
the fact that the Spridget really is a better-handling car.
David Lieb