Re: [Spridgets] "This is a highly modified 1961 Austin Healy (Bug

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] "This is a highly modified 1961 Austin Healy (Bug
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:52:12 -0500
> Bugeye Sprite production ended in 1961 with the last 39 cars.   Then
> production started of the Mk II Sprites and Mk I Midgets.

Those cars, however, were RHD CKD units and were NOT shipped to the USA.
Since cars here are titled according to the year the car was sold rather
than the year it was manufactured, there are many "rare 1961 Bugeyes" in
this country, NONE of which were "manufactured in 1961" as this dude claims.
David Lieb