Re: [Spridgets] asking for smoking Engne advice

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] asking for smoking Engne advice
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:55:53 -0700
Another way is, as as already said, is the rope trick.  Get a few feet of
fine soft nylon rope smaller in diameter than the plug hole.  Feed it in
(not all the way, DOH!) and hand turn the engine to push the rope pile up
against the valves.  Total misuse of a crescent wrench will compress the
springs enough to get the keepers out and offer a great chance for a home
lobotomy if the wrench slips.
( I guess you could use a proper tool if you have one)

Glen round-dent-in-forehead Byrns