Re: [Spridgets] Best Spridget Clutch for Racing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Best Spridget Clutch for Racing
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:56:56 +0000
PS:  I "almost" made it around.  I was about 90% of the way around before
the RR tire, which was sideways on the shoulder, dug in ... and airborn I
went!

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>

There were other factors.  It was 4 am and I wasn't alone.  It was a twisty
road and I knew there was a sign where the hairpin was, so I was going
faster and not paying 100% attention to the road; counting on that sign.  We
walked away from it with a deep cut to the palm of my hand and probably a
concussion.

Other lessons that I learned the hard way:

Just because the light turns green doesn't mean that the traffic has stopped
for their red light.
( company car right off.  I walked away from it with a bruised leg where the
door came in to meet me. )

Just because it is a one way street, don't just look one way before
crossing.  ( almost got run over by a wrong way driver. )

There must be more ...

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Guy Weller" <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>

Maybe you shouldn't rely on signs to tell you how to cope with corners!

Guy