Re: [Spridgets] stripes

To: lindalnhvt@nhvt.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] stripes
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:13:27 -0400
lindalnhvt@nhvt.net wrote:
> I have a newly painted (today) leaf green bugeye. Before I start to put
> everything back on, I'm giving serious consideration to stripes, wide ones
> like the red on silver ones on an earlier post, but perhaps Old English
> White on the Leaf Green.  My question is--- how do you get clean edges?  I
> had someone paint Shelby stripes on my 66 Mustang fastback, and I helped
> apply the tape, but I don't remember what kind if tape we used.
> Also, if you paint the stripes, how do you rough up the new paint only
> where the stripes are intended to go?
> Thanks.

Dick

Kevin and I have stick on stripes that my Dad made.
Mine are Oyster white (close to OEW) on a blue Bugeye,
5 years now and no problems with the stripes.
With his vinyl, you spray windex on the body, position the stripes, use
a credit card to get any bubbles out, and when the windex is dry, the
stripes are permanent. A heat gun is supposed to remove them if you
change your mind.
Let me know if you want to go this route, I'll give you his email and
you can deal directly with him.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ