[Spridgets] Rear drum brakes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Rear drum brakes
From: lindalnhvt@nhvt.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:49:26 -0400 (EDT)
Another request to the list that knows, please...
I'm trying to replace the brake cylinder on the left rear (drums) of my 66
Sprite.  I have it all apart with shoes, springs all free. I see no
obvious clip on the back of the old cylinder, just a very slight raised
edge, not close to the thickness of the new spring clip. Fluid line
already free, bleeder removed.  I can make the cylinder rock slightly, but
can't get it out. BTW, do I remember past threads about an easier method
than the spring clip thingy to hold the new one in?
I've had my head stuffed in the wheel well long enough!
TIA
Dick B.