[Spridgets] Still no clutch

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Still no clutch
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:15:58 -0400
1.  I still seem not to be getting enough travel on my clutch slave - about
5/16" when I calculate it should be more like 7/16".  All is new or rebuilt,
and bled with a speed bleeder.  Linkages are not perfect, but not loose enough
to cause such a large difference.  I have pumped out ~1.5 cups (maybe not
enough?) and see no bubbles.  But I can also see a bubble in the plastic tubing
that will not come out because it moves up faster than the fluid moves down.
Suggestions?

2.  I need to depress the clutch lever more to make sure that the clutch itself
is actually working.  Any nifty tricks for extending the slave rod or
pushing/pulling the clutch lever from somewhere else?  I am usually alone, so I
can't just pry it from below while someone else shifts.  The only ideas I have
are a filler at the inside end of the slave rod or an extension made of smashed
and drilled copper pipe.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY