Re: [Spridgets] Still no clutch

To: <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Still no clutch
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:53:11 -0700
Bingo - you found your problem! you have a bubble in the line, and you
need to get it out.

I assume you have a 1500 based on talking about the plastic line. What I
did is pressure bleed. There are fancy ways to do this, but the cheap
way is to drill a 1/16" hole in your reservoir cap. Then get a bicycle
pump and a needle for inflating a basketball. Stick the needle in the
hole (but NOT in the fluid), open the bleed valve, and pump until the
bubble exits. Close the bleed valve, top up the reservoir, and enjoy
your firm clutch!

You can seal the hole with a dab of silicone or something similar. I got
a second cap, and keep the one with the hole in it just for bleeding.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/