[Spridgets] More clutch

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] More clutch
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:50:21 -0400
Yes, I have more play than I thought  it the clutch pedal, mostly from the
bushing.  But more to the point, my (new) slave cylinder is not filling all the
way.  There is still 1/4" of looseness in the  _rod_,  not the linkage, as
though the slave spring is pulling the piston back.  It takes 1-1.5" of pedal
travel just to reach the clutch plate.  I could put in a filler to lengthen the
rod, but it really makes no sense to me that the cylinder will not fill, unless
the slave spring is pulling it back.  Is it supposed to?

I drove several miles this morning, then decided to bleed the clutch system yet
again.  No bubbles, but now it won't work at all.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY