[Spridgets] painting revalation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] painting revalation
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:14:42 -0800 (PST)
I just finished up at the pro booth.  What a difference it makes to have a
well-lit, filtered laminar flow chamber with seemingly limitless air pressure.
Not waiting for a gutless compressor to catch up allowed me to finish much
faster than usual. Nice to have professional stands to hold the bonnet,
doors and cab closure at the perfect angles, racks and hanging space for
every single piece, and a mixing table.  The front to back of booth air
flow kept overspray off finished parts and kept the air so clear I could go
without goggles. No runs, orange peel or fisheyes, and I only forgot to do
the glove box door that was overlooked.

The bad part was that the excellent lighting made every single flaw in my
bodywork and sanding really obvious.  I've GOT to get better lighting in
the garage!!!  The owner let me leave all the parts in the booth until Mon.
morning.

Glen