Re: [Spridgets] A40 steering help

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A40 steering help
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:02:30 -0700
Find a friend with a TR-3 repair manual.  Same old worm and peg,
better instructions.  The peg and the worm gear both wear, and
eventually the peg just plain gets sloppy.  When you tighten the
adjuster bolt, you are crushing the peg down into the bottom of the
channel, but because the sides are worn, you just won't get a good
fit.  You might talk to Bill Close in Phoenix (b_close@hotmail.com).
He makes a kit which adapts a Spitfire rack and pinion to a TR-3 for
better steering (way better!).  It might work with an A-40.

Regards, Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson