Re: [Spridgets] A series crankshafts

To: "Matt Hagopian" <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>, "William McLeod"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A series crankshafts
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 19:55:13 -0800
Mat,
David Vizard's book has already been suggested.  Why don't you have a copy
yet?  The selection of springs is not simply a function of the desired RPM
range.  The stock springs might suffer from coil binding at the lifts
provided by a modern racing cam, especially using high lift rockers.  This
would have a negative effect on the ability of your engine to produce RPM,
torque, or horsepower.  The purveyor of your camshaft can make valid
suggestions as to suitable springs for your intended usage.  The selection
of valves is also not just a choice of material.  READ VIZARD.  When you
have finished that, READ VIZARD.  Then, just to get some new insight into
this READ VIZARD.  Don't waste any more of your time or money until you have
READ VIZARD.
Hal