Re: [Spridgets] Off Thread, but need mens advice.....GPS?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Off Thread, but need mens advice.....GPS?
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 21:19:02 -0800
Hi Kathy,

I have an older Garmin Street Pilot III,  use a Magellan with a
friend and have a Pioneer built into my Honda.  I think the Garmin
beats them all hands down.  Mine is slow by comparison to current
units and it has limited memory so you have to carry a computer to
down load maps of the area you will be traveling.  This is not
necessary with the newer units.  Garmin has always charged for map
updates to the best of my knowledge but  for my use every third year
seems to keep me pretty current.  Getting to my house is a real test
for GPS, there are two streets with locked gates and the Gramin is
the only one that knows you can not get here on those streets.  For
my use finding places that I do not have an address for is the test,
finding a know address should be easy.  For instance I put in CostCo
on the Pioneer and it gives me some place in NJ and I am in CA.  Try
finding places by name and see what comes up.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition