Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye seat re-upholstery issue.

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye seat re-upholstery issue.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:12:55 -0500
derf wrote:
> I don't have a Bugeye but I'll bet Frank has a guy in Jersey that can
> do nice seat covers for a reasonable price.

Local guy does my seats including any padding and metal repair for $150
a seat including all materials.
Up from $125 last year.
The Holy Sprite seats are perfect $300 and all I did was drop them off
at Walt's place.
He did my Healey 3000 which needed back seat pans which he made from
file cabinets, he made the front seat pans.
He has done all my seats for the past 20 years and he once noticed my
drivers seat which was over 10 years in use had ripped where the seat
belt comes around on that lower panel. He made me a new panel at no cost.
This guy turned late model chevy seats into classic looking Austin A40
seats for me too.
And always for less than what the seat kits cost, and he makes them look
like originals or 2 tone like I had in PIECES.
He is doing VW seats in plaid for my son.
Check with your local auto upholstry shop, you might be surprised.
Like custom tonneaus for $200, Use of snap hole punching tools for a cup
of coffee, and material, vinyl and carpet that matches each other so the
whole interior looks right.
The entire Holy Sprite interior was $600, when I did the 58 2 years ago,
the entire interior was $450, I think my 67 Sprite cost me around $500
last year.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ