[Spridgets] NLBC: car club legal question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] NLBC: car club legal question
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:58:43 -0500
You guys know everything, so here's a question for someone who may have
training or past experience in this area.

1. Do the officers and board of a car club have liability exposure if
someone takes legal action against the club?

2. Does anyone know if "Directors & Officers" insurance is commonly
taken out by entities as podunk as a local British car club?

3. If a newsletter advertiser does not "do right" by a customer, and the
customer learned of the merchant through the club's newsletter, can the
customer name the club as well as the merchant in suit?

4. Anybody know where I can read up on this sort of stuff?

Thanks in advance.

JohnD

(No, I'm not being sued...just don't want to be in the future!)