Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

To: tinydog@snet.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives
From: chuck <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:50:45 -0500
I have two different types. For the oldest, I bought a cheap
(twenty bucks) aluminum housing with a power/USB converter
builtin. I installed an old, extra, lying about WD IDE hard drive
pulled from an older PC. Works fine. I have been using it to
backup old files and to shuttle files to other PCs in other
locations. These empty cases are available for either IDE
or SATA drives, but be sure to get the right one for your hard
drive.

I recently bought a BB clearance 750Gb Maxstor OneTouch4 USB
external hard drive that comes completely assembled. So far so good.
Transfer time ain't all that long and it stores much more data than
my earlier one. I have not so far installed nor used the OneTouch
software as I mostly cut and paste folders from an internal hard
drive to the external hard drive.

chuck