Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives
From: tinydog@snet.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:48:46 +0000
tinydog clarified

I don't think I was completely clear in my original email.

I also want am external HD in order to store my data files on an outboard
device. In researching it, I see that some offer an option to do true back-up
of the internal HD.

DVD is not an attractive option for me for several reasons:
1) I do not have DVD burners on my machines,
2) DVD (or CD's) would be as portable as a plug and play HD,
3) AFAIK, to use as a backup medium would not be a true backup of the internal
drive(s).

Thanks to everyone for their input so far. It is very helpful.
 -------------- Original message from WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com: --------------