[Spridgets] Still no Start

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Still no Start
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:26:09 -0500
After about 10 hours working on this car, it still only runs for a
second or 2 then quits.

Nothing is hooked up yet except a wire from the battery to the hot side
of the coil and from the coil to the dizzy.
I have tried 3 different dizzys, checked em all out too. One came out of
a running car.
2 sets of carbs, parts from both sets in a mix match, same problem.
3 different sets of plugs, different brands too, new, used, no change.
There is no water system hooked up yet so it is NOT getting wet.
The compression across the cyls is 175 PSI each.
Valves were at .012 cold, now at .018 cold, yeah it doesn't run long
enough to even get warm.
No change.
I have blown thru the jets into the floats, they are clear.
The fuel system is not yet hooked up. Floats are 3/4 full with gas via a
jar.
I have used this method hundreds of times to see what I have, it works.
Now I have replaced the coil with the 3rd one, all non ballast and
again, no change.
It fires and goes Brmmmmm and dies.
idle, fast idle, 1/2 throttle, no change other than faster rpms when it
runs for that second.
The timing is close, a 1/4" forward and it kicks back, a 1/4 " back and
it has a hard time firing.
I also tried a few different caps, rotors, and wire sets.
There is NOTHING wrong short of like Brian said, it needs an exorcism.
Oh when it does run for the split second, it runs very well I just need
to keep it running for a minute or two
so I can get the carbs close and look at the oil pressure gauge.
It's grounded, new battery, fresh gas, points dead on, plugs gapped to
.025, also tried .030

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ