Re: [Spridgets] Ebay and paypal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ebay and paypal
From: Ed Townley <healeymnster@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:51:14 -0700
just to add a little more fuel to this smoldering topic--I listed a
Borescope on ebay yesterday, and before the listing was finalized, an alert
pop-up told me that the term "like new" was a prohibited term, and that I
should change it--i did so to get the thing listed, but it was too late--
the ebay police cancelled the listing anyway and i had to relist and ask for
a refund of the insertion fee on the first listing. ARRGH.
in a similar vein, as a charter member and co-founder of the White Sands
Missile Range Historical foundation,  I have listed and sold several WWII
Nazi V2 rocket pieces as memorabilia, complete with letters of authenticity,
etc.  I do this as a service for the fundraising efforts of the Foundation.
the last attempt failed, as the listing was cancelled due to the Word "Nazi"
in the title and description, saying it was deemed a "hate" word!!
who the *%$*^ is in charge at Ebay?? they should consider moving their HQ to
the Right side of the country, or at least toward the center.
At least we still have Auctionarms.com and cheaperthandirt.com for guns and
ammo.
Ed Townley
Southern NM, USA