Re: [Spridgets] Exhaust headers

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Michael Rowe
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Exhaust headers
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:30:08 GMT
And may I be so bold as to add, "tailor" the bore of that LCB to the "tune" of
the motor.

Here again, Vizard's book gives the best advice in this respect whether you're
looking for more low end "grunt" rather than hi rpm HP.

In my PO'd 1340 Spridget with APT VP3 cam, hi-rpm "mass flow" was the
consideraton as everything happened above 3k considering I was commuting to NY
airports from my home in Stamford, CT.
using the stock ribcase and 3.9 (later, a 3.7)
diff. Thus, the big bore LCB, CHT-11.

Today, we run a 1293 Cooper S application tuned for low-mid range torque as in
fotown/urban acceleration....thus, the Med Bore LCB.

Bigger is not always better! :):)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)