Re: [Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:33:18 -0600
This is LBC but not Spridget content. I hope some kind soul here will answer
with the right kind of information - no one did on the Lotus 7 list I belong
to. Below is the message I sent:

Hi... I have a lotus Seven S4 Twin cam, which was jetted on a dyno at sea
level three years ago. I now live at 7400 feet, and all my driving is done
above 6000 feet. The engine is running too rich. Any suggestion for
rejetting and should I retard the timing?

Here is what I have now:

1970 Lotus Seven S4 Twin Cam, 1558 cc  (+20 thou overbore), compression
10:1.
Twin Weber  DCOE  31 carburetors.  Chokes: 32 mm

                        Cyl 1   Cyl 2   Cyl 3   Cyl 4   Standard Twin Cam SE
specification
Emulsion Tube   F11     F11     F11     F11                             F11
Main Jet                115     115     125     120
115
Idle Jet                45F8    45F8    45F8    45F8
50F8
Air corrector   155     155     155     155                             150

Timing: 25 degrees at idling, 35 degrees at 4000 to 4500 rpm

JLC in the Black Forest, CO.