Re: [Spridgets] Plumbing a shop for air

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Plumbing a shop for air
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:29:18 -0400
Ah, the CYA angle.  Forgot about that.

-----Original Message-----
From: derf [mailto:derf247@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:56 PM
To: Heard
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Heard <heard@datatrontech.net> wrote:
>  OK, but it would have been nice if they said why.  I understand the
> fire issues, etc.  But how is it unsafe to run about 100psi give or
> take through pipe that is rated at 400psi or more?
>
> Heard

It is called: covering their butts.

You can run good, properly rated PVC, installed properly for decades
with compressed air.   Most of the problems are from people using
lower rated stuff and running too much pressure through it.

I've seen PVC rupture under air pressure and I don't recall any "shrapnel".