[Spridgets] Ladybug Lives

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Ladybug Lives
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:45:24 -0400
I spent the morning adjusting valves, the pushrod issue is solved.
Then some life blood, oil, tranny, diff, brakes, speedo cable, etc all
received fluids.
I quickly learned I do not have anymore dizzy caps, but I do have 3 new
rotors, how did this happen?
So I popped on a known good cap with wires, checked for spark at the
points, grabbed Tiffany
because she wanted to fire it up and I wanted to be under the bonnet.
All was set, I told her to turn the key and let it crank a little, if it
backfires, stop cranking.
I mean a 50/50 shot at the dizzy drive and I get it wrong 99% of the time.
But not this time, the engine went crank-crank-VROOM! It fired up after
turning over twice, oil pressure came up fast but not as fast as it fired.
Rebuilt engine, rebuilt carbs, rebuilt dizzy and all was dead nuts
perfect. My only adjustment was the choke fast idle screws.
So now that the engine doesn't have to come out, I went to install the
radiator. I promtly brike a fan blade sliding the downflow in place.
Bummer. But I had one left in the milk crate. I cleaned it up swapped it
out bolted in the radiator, filled it with coolant and hit the ket only
to wipe out 2 fan blades on my last 6 blade fan!
WTF!
The fan is under the top tank of the rad, correct fan, correct rad,
never recored, but the fan is into the tank.
So after some serious head scratching, I find out the new waterpump
isn't quite right. It bolted on, looks like an A series pump, has all
the right hose spots but the lower silicone
hose was extremely tight to go on. I figured it was because it was
silicone. And I did have a hell of a time getting the pulley over the
w/p hub.
Good thing I had a 2nd new pump on the shelf. It fit fine, the hose fit
fine, and now sporting a metal fan, it works fine.
I just wonder what that pump was for? The hub was too big and longer
than normal.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ