[Spridgets] possible new threat to fuel system components

To: "'Spridget Chat Group'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] possible new threat to fuel system components
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:09:37 -0400
Just a heads-up, based upon a post on 356 Talk:  One of the country's
preeminent Porsche restorers encountered failure of three different fuel
system gaskets, on a 356A.  The gaskets were NEW, and came from Porsche, via
one of their dealers.
Right now, not much more information is available.  It may be identified as a
credible threat, or it may be due to some anomaly.  It could have been, as one
subscriber suggested, E-85 in the wrong gas station tank (can E-85 do such
things.....I really don't know).  The only thing for certain, right now, is
that the gaskets were from NEW stock, from a major manufacturer, and were NOT
Chinese-made, pressed yak dung gaskets.
If I hear any more (and I'm certain I will), I'll pass it on.  Right now, in
my minds eye, I'm visualizing all sorts of components on my Midget that could
be getting attacked by fuel......  So, I'm going to be watching the fuel
system very closely for the next few weeks.
If it's any help, the effected Porsche lives in the Philadelphia area.

Bud Osbourne