Re: [Spridgets] Brakes advice

To: "Jim F." <jimndi@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brakes advice
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:29:00 -0400
Jim F. wrote:
> I am putting together a 1960 BE with a frwsh 1275. It appears that the
> Original Dual Master Cylinder and associated hardware appears complete and I
> have all new brake hardware.
> Should I be looking for a later Master Cylinder? I have no plans to go to disc
> brakes in the front yet. Is there some reason to go for a later MC? Bore size
> etc.? any advice will be appreciated. I know the car will scoot and I just
> want it to stop as well.

Stock master works perfect with stock brakes.
The advantage of the later pedal box is a separate brake and clutch
master where if you loose fluid in a leaky clutch slave, you still have
brakes.
With the stock master, if you have a leak anywhere, you have no brakes
and no clutch.
The later box needs sheetmetal mods to fit, it is not a direct bolt in
replacement.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ