Re: [Spridgets] Questions for the Racers (Long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Questions for the Racers (Long)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Thu, 4/9/09, fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> not like it. My questions for you vintage guys are, have you
> raced against slick tires while on street tires? Are the
> lines similar enough to not be a problem? Am I wacky?

No, not at all. At Road America last year, John Salisbury Jr. raced his LP
Spridget on DOT tires (Hoosiers) and told me he wasn't giving up much at all.
Chris Ducklow runs both, and he swears the slicks are much better. Chris
certainly seems faster on the slicks, but I'd take John's opinion as very
educated, though.

Ron