Re: [Spridgets] Radiator dent removal

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Radiator dent removal
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:41:40 -0400
So I guess I go to the radiator repair guy and say "Moss sells a replacement
radiator like this for $320."
"Can you resurrect mine for less than this?"

I can't imagine it can be done for so little.   But heck, I'm not a radiator
guy, but I have done my share of striping,
brazing, pounding, and painting.

Anybody out there buy an early radiator from Moss?   What is the quality like?
Are they re-manufactured originals?

Frank, yes, I had thought of Bondo.  But I also have a little "blue
encrustation"
in one spot on the fins, so full workover/replacement is probably in order, no
matter how I look at it.

Daniel, agreed, the Wizard cooling aluminum radiator is awsome.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm135/brokencase_photos/jubilee/IMGP0828-01.jpg

When the photo above was taken it was $400. But it's now $535, (see ebay item
200286395042, http://tinyurl.com/dbpoo4)

and if you recall from our earlier conversation I'm "shooting for" this type of
look:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm135/brokencase_photos/jubilee/IMGP1011-01.jpg

FWIW I tried to contact a radiator guy in NE Philadelphia today.  All I got was
the message machine.
He may have been in mourning, as we sadly lost Harry Kalas today (Iconic
Phillies broadcaster)

Thanks to all in advance...and in retrospect.