Re: [Spridgets] Raleigh bikes was penetrating oils-

To: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Raleigh bikes was penetrating oils-
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:09:03 -0500
Many thanks to all that offered advice and help. I was able to remove the
cluster, and I let it soak for 36 hours in the acetone-ATF mix. No good, no
movement. Sand blasted it with aluminum oxide, still no joy. Back to soaking
for 12 hours. Today I bring it to work and get it heated up to burn off any
rust. Then spray it down with Schaeffers Penetrol 90. Liberal soakings
finally get the liquid flowing through the ratcheting area of the cluster.
Then vise between boards and a punch to encourage it to move. Got decent
movement, so started to flush with more Penetrol. Tonight it goes in for a
24 hour bath in Marvel Mystery Oil, before getting installed back onto the
wheel.
Thank you again to all.

Brad