[Spridgets] In a lurch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] In a lurch
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 15:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
This is regarding my street Bugeye, 1960 with stock suspension and 4 wheel drum
brakes. When I hit the brake pedal, it lurches HARD to the left. Not a little
drift - it snaps the steering wheel counterclockise. I have changed various
elements one at a time over the past year, it's unchanged. I've changed:

Brake pads
Brake rubber line
Wheel cylinders
trunnion bushings
Wheel bearings

Brake pedal is hard and drums are adjusted like I always have, and the car used
to have wonderful brakes.

To check out the effect of weight shift under braking, I actually went down a
hill in reverse fast enough to get the lurch effect and nailed the brakes and
the car stopped fine and linearly. It's definitely something in the suspension
in the front that acts up when the front is loaded. Any and all ideas are
welcomed. The car looks stunning and goes like Ed to a "FREE BEER" sign, but
I'm ready for a "Ran When Parked" advertisement.

Ron