Re: [Spridgets] Why Does Engine Like to Run Rich?

To: Doug Altman <doug_altman@yahoo.com>,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Why Does Engine Like to Run Rich?
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:08:13 -0500
Real quick coupla things.

Number of flats down is from the point where the jet is level with
the bridge.... it's not 12 flats from all the way up. You should see
fuel about a 1/4 below the top of the jet when the bowl is full to
the float shut-off.

The needle's shoulder must be flush with the bottom of the piston,
not up inside, or protruding.

Soot may not be from richness, aka unburned FUEL, but from deposits
of the unburned (and unburnABLE) additive in today's unstorable fuel.

Fuel for thought.  Gotta run

Peter C