Re: [Spridgets] Ebay

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ebay
From: Jay Fishbein <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:13:42 -0700 (PDT)
I've bought and sold on ebay since Dec 1997.

Had good deals and a few no so good, both as a buyer and as a seller, but
all-in-all my experiences have been more than good.

As a buyer, I use the same caution I would use when buying something in person.
Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean I should not ask questions.

As a seller, I am fair in my descriptions, charge actual shipping and no
handling fees. But I do require payment through PayPal. It's easier all around
for me. I get my money right away and the transaction is done. I don't have to
track payments, wait for checks to clear and so-on. I've required payment
through PayPal before it was a requirement.

I will make exceptions and occasionally accept Money Orders, but honestly, it
tedious. Some people mail payment within a few days, some don't "get around to
it" for a week or so, and some just don't get around to it at all.

I wish the fees were lower but accept them as a cost to sell stuff I couldn't
get such a good price anywhere else. If I were to sell it locally, I could use
Craigslist which doesn't have as extensive a marketplace, or I could advertise
in a paid newspaper which is very limiting.

I've completed a number of transactions and paid by cash but always with the
knowledge it was at my own risk. I wouldn't recommend it and I would accept it
as a seller.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT
61 Innocenti Spider