Re: [Spridgets] Spring box base plate

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spring box base plate
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:45:09 -0400
> Mine were welded as well (three spot welds, and the lip of the spring
> box).

I'm not talking about spot welds, here.  Mine are fully welded on all three
sides (a professional-looking job).  The only way they are going to come out
easily is attached to that part of the floor pan, which is a really thick
patch brazed to the original pan under a tacked in patch on the inside -
three layers with 1/2" gaps between in places.  The patch job is actually
sound and much stronger than the original.  I would have left it in if it
didn't look so bad.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Sprite kit