Re: [Spridgets] 58 -67 Lap Belts

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 58 -67 Lap Belts
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:39:26 -0700
Frank,

As much as I like old cars I am sorry but this is not good logic.
Basic physics tells you that mass will dominate but not that it will
protect you.  If you take two of the Packards in a head on collision
at 60 mph I will bet that you will find engines in the passenger
compartments , steering columns in the drivers chest an the passenger
half way through the fixed windshield.

I use to have a Honda 600 an while waiting to make a turn my wife was
tail ended by a car doing 45 mph. The collision sent her across three
lanes, up a 10 inch curb, into the the dock bumper of  a parked 3/4
ton pick up which got moved into the car park next to it.  My wife
opened the door got out with minor bruises and cuts plus all the car
windows were in tack - - - thanks to crumple zones.  I do not care for
Nader but do agree save the passenger the hell with the car.  The VW
is safer.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition