Re: [Spridgets] Rocket scientists and Hyper Lube

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rocket scientists and Hyper Lube
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:17:45 -0500
Dear ol' Dad was a flight surgeon, worked on Mercury, Gemini, and a
few Apollo, they sent him out to the middle of nowhere to tracking
stations.   Until someone tossed it out of the house I had autographed
pics of the early astronauts as well as every patch from Mercury to
Apollo.  I built models of all the rockets, LEM, etc.  Didn't use
those nasty solid fuel Estes, I used the Vashon (?) rockets, they used
propane I think.  They did NOT work at all well in Alaska where it was
so damn cold that the Propane didn't expand..  no flame, just
expanding gas to make 'em work..

Lester