Re: [Spridgets] oil for spridgets

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] oil for spridgets
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:02:42 -0500
I'm using Rotella, because after calling Castrol, and speaking with their
engineers, they didn't offer anything that had sufficient ZDDP for break in.
Shell did, in their diesel oil line, so I keep gallons of Rotella 15-30 in
the cabinet. Diesel engines for the big trucks still need as much ZDDP as
our cars do. Plus, I've never been an "oil snob".

Brad

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> These days I use Rotella-T 15-40.  My understanding is that the ZDDP level
> is still good.  I'd prefer a single weight since I heard that the additives
> that  give the multi-weight properties can add to turbo bearing coking.  At
> this age, I only enjoy coke in cans.
>
> Anybody else using Rotella?
>
> Glen

DON JULIO 1942