[Spridgets] Clutch Slave Compatibility

To: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Clutch Slave Compatibility
From: "Frederick Pixley" <fredpixley@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:34:52 -0400
I'm changing a smoothcase for a ribcase in a Mark 2 Sprite (previously a 948)
which has a 1275 and noticed that it still has the Mark 2 slave cylinder and 2
3/4 inch slave pushrod.  I've also installed a new 1275 Clutch cover, disc
plate, and release bearing.

Is there any problem staying with the older slave cylinder and if so should I
also stay with the shorter pushrod?  I expect the 948 slave is smaller
diameter which provides more travel with more effort than a 1275 slave.  I
have a 3 inch push rod for 1275's if required.  I noticed three different part
numbers for release bearings for 948, 1098, and 1275.  I've installed the 1275
bearing but don't want to screw anything up and am hoping the older slave will
function properly.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario