Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank and pump thoughts.-Final

To: "'Mark Haynes'" <haynes386@netzero.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank and pump thoughts.-Final
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 06:52:45 -0700
Mark,

A couple of things about these aftermarket pumps I have found after years of
use.  They should be less than 2 or 3 feet from the tank (rear wheel well)
and lower than the outlet if possible.  They absolutely will not last if
placed in the engine bay.

Running rust through the pumps will cause early failures so be sure to put a
filter before the pump especially if you have a rusted tank.

To clean the tank I did the boil it on the BBQ for 6 hrs trick and it came
out clean as a whistle.

BTW Breckenridge is not too far from where I grew up (oh some say I never
did grow up).

Cheers!

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
President AHCUSA              www.healey.org