Re: [Spridgets] Ford T5 Tranny

To: Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ford T5 Tranny
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:34:05 -0400
I sourced mine from Bloody Old. Was cheaper than getting it from
Connecticut.

Larry

On Sep 3, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Bill Gilroy wrote:

> Daniel and Richard are correct. the Tranny in questions is the Ford
> T9.
> That transmission is very hard to find in the US.
>
> We need a Miata tranny sway.
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM, <WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't think the T5 kit came from Moss.  Also the T5 is not an
>> 'accepted' gearbox swap for the Sprite/Midget as it requires a lot of
>> cutting  and
>> welding of the transmission tunnell to get it to fit.
>>
>> I'm only aware of one car with a T5 kit in it but would be
>> interested to
>> hear of others.
>>
>> Weslake-Monza 1330
>>

>> In a message dated 03/09/2009 18:03:22 GMT Daylight Time,
>> nsliwinski@hotmail.com writes:
>>
>> Hello  All.
>>

>> Has anyone info (year, model # etc) on which tranny is  compatible
>> with a
>> 1275
>> engine? I know Moss sells the whole schabang, but  who does the
>> actual
>> manufacturing of the adapter plate etc. I know Kennedy  Engrg in CA
>> does
>> that
>> kind of work for all kind of transmission/engine  configurations
>> but not
>> for a
>> 1275 engine.
>>

>> '73 MG  Midget
>>
>> Norbert
>>

> --
> Their mythology starts with the false premise that these are
> irreplaceable
> geniuses
>
> Andrew Cuomo speaking about AIG executives

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

One of these days, you'll look back on all this, and plow into a
parked car.