[Spridgets] Vammoooose Across the Border

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Vammoooose Across the Border
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:27:36 -0700
Years ago I used to ride with a CHP guy.  He was about ready for retirement.
.  and for some reason he had to be the most forgiving Highway Patrol
Officer in Northern Ca.

I will never forget the day that he got back into the car after pulling a
guy over for a small traffic infraction.

He told me that the guy was an illegal without insurance or any
documentation. .  and he let the guy off.

I wondered if sometimes this happens cause the cops just do not want the
hassle of prosecuting such people?

This was back around 1988 and I still remember the incident. . it really
caught me off guard.

Kirk

PS
He also let me pull some stunts while in his patrol car.  I had a family
relative who was a pastor of a little church in San Pablo Ca.  We pulled up
to this guys house early in the morning.  I got on the patrol units PA and
ordered my relative out of the house to lay face down in the grass.  Out
comes this 400 lb dude in his boxer shorts with his hands up.  I knew the
guy pretty well and knew that he would be able to take the joke. I know, bad
thing to do. .  but I have to admit - I laughed so hard I was in tears.