Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - tire recommendation (was Re: No More Snow

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - tire recommendation (was Re: No More Snow
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:43:59 -0700
Ron,

Check out

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.42244277484678&lon=-89.022216
796875&site=lot&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

*ROSCOE, IL=========*

*This Afternoon: *Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. East northeast wind
around 5 mph.

*Tonight: *Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. East southeast wind around 5
mph.

*Sunday: *A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly
cloudy, with a high near 76. East southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

*Sunday Night: *A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy,
with a low around 56. East southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

*Monday: *A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy,
with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

*Monday Night: *A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of
precipitation is 30%.

*Tuesday: *A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy,
with a high near 75.

*Tuesday Night: *A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly
cloudy, with a low around 59.

*Wednesday: *A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy,
with a high near 77.

*Wednesday Night: *Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.

*Thursday: *Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

*Thursday Night: *Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.

*Friday: *A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Speaking of which, it's time after 70,000 miles to think about new tires
> for
> my wife's AWD Subaru crossover ute. What do you guys recommend for
> something
> with a winter bias? I don't care about the cost - tires are cheaper than
> bodywork. It's 75 today, but could snow tomorrow around here.
>
> Ron
>
> --- On
> Sat, 9/19/09, Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Bill Gilroy
> <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No More Snow Chains
> > To: "WFO
> Herb" <froggi60@gmail.com>
> > Cc: "Spridgeteers" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
> "Wedge List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "Ed's Spridgeteers"
> <9issa@justbrits.com>
> > Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
> > I think
> these are like http://www.autosock.us/  I use snow tires and 4WD
> > get
> over the pass in snow.
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM, WFO Herb
> <froggi60@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Know about these?  Used them?
> > >

> > > Video of Snow Grip:
> > >
> http://www.carid.com/images/snow-grip/snow-grip-popup_4.htm
> > >
> > > Company
> Website:
> > >
> http://www.shurtrax.com/tire-traction-aid-tire-chain-roc60062.html

> > > Support Team.Net
> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> > >
> > > You are subscribed as
> wmgilroy@gmail.com
> > >
> > > http://www.team.net/archive

> > --
> > Their
> mythology starts with the false premise that these
> > are irreplaceable
> >
> geniuses
> >
> > Andrew Cuomo speaking about AIG executives

> > Support Team.Net
> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >
> > You are subscribed as soavero@yahoo.com
> >
> > http://www.team.net/archive

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein