Re: [Spridgets] Weber DCOE vs OER DCOE

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Weber DCOE vs OER DCOE
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:18:19 -0600
Just talked to a chap at Pierce manifolds... they stock the Weber 40 DCOE
151 at $399 a pop, jetted identically to what I have in my Lotus - 30
venturi, 115 main jets, F11 emulsion tube, etc... They don't stock the OER
in anything smaller than 45, and the minimum venturi size is 32. Still, that
might work in my Lotus, and 32 was the original size of venturi fitted to
the twin cam. As the price for the OER is $260 compared with the $399 for
the Weber, I might give those Japanese carb a try, and have the added bonus
of external adjustment of the float and accelerator pump.

JLC in the Black Forest, Colorado

PS: the chap also told me to send him an email, and he will see if he can
get OER 40s, as it seems they were or are made in that size.