Re: [Spridgets] Car Dealer question, absolutely NO LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Car Dealer question, absolutely NO LBC
From: mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:48:39 -0700
 Well that was dead easy and painless.

 Even though it was not LBC related, I want to thank EVERYONE who
replied with potential options and suggestions.  Ended up not needing
them, I went there and talked to the "boss" and asked our options if I
did not want to co-sign or put up the $1,400.  His answer was there are
no options, we have to do one or the other.  A poster yesterday
mentioned the "10 day seller right to cancel" thing and sure enough its
on her contract, even though we are way past the 10 day mark, I
mentioned it and he said we could back out the deal.  He meant it as a
threat :) I took him up on it :)

  As soon as I said ok, the $1,400 went to $1,000, to $700, it was
almost funny.

  Daughter will bring the Jeep back tomorrow morning and she gets her
Mustang back and the deal is undone.  Good thing is that the Mustang was
detailed.

  I think she learned her lessons, the dealer paid her $8,500 for the
car and put it on the lot at $13,500 (she had a "friend" go look at the
car). The Kelly Blue book says its worth $12k, so she says she will look
into selling via a private party and pocket the extra $3k or so, that
will give her a $5k down payment and I might be willing to help with
more, I am Dad after all :)

 Thanks to all, I was really concerned she was going to get taken on
this one and we all know how Dads feel about that when its their
daughters.

 Back to LBC talk now... That Sebring Sprite is getting way up there,
that is one my daughter wont be getting.  Her boyfriend has a rusty but
kind of running MGB Coupe with a V8 in it, he says its a factory V8 not
a chop job but he also says its very rusty, maybe there is a
Daddy-daughter resto job in the future.  She says it looks good its just
the floorboards that are full of holes...uh uh, I have heard that
before.

 Mike