Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, "DAVID GROPPER"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:27:43 -0500
Jim, take a look at this:

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerhub/techhelp/marc/Handling.2.html

They explain "traction circle" for you.  To simplify it, you have a finite
amount of traction no matter in what directions it is used.  So, if you use
it all up by locking up under braking or spinning the tires under
acceleration, you will have nothing left for side G forces and will slide
out to the side on whichever end has lost traction.  I'm sure Ron can give
you the science behind it, but it really is a simple, straightforward
concept.

That's why FWD cars make lousy racecars since the same end takes care of the
steering and accelerating.

LAD