Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, "DAVID GROPPER"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:14:45 +0100
Get a normal car on a normal road to produce 1.5g lateral force and I'll
tell you.  Just because your coffee slurps over the edge of the container
doesn't mean you have 1.5g. <smile>

Semis have their own rules and dual rotational centres and US semi braking
systems would fail a UK test.  I had a seminar to attend in South Africa and
one of the guys presenting talked about USA and Canadian semis overturning
during cornering which, of course, was a pre-curser to the braking lecture.
The braking lecture fell on deaf ears as only the USA influenced delegates
could follow the reasoning behind the maths.

I've watched several but only driven in one jack-knife incident and
thankfully that had a very large run-off area.  I don't want to do that
again <shiver>.  Thankfully, ABS systems cover most situations nowadays.

Guy R Day