Re: [Spridgets] Chassis Dyno H.P.?

To: <weslakemonza1330@aol.com>, <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Chassis Dyno H.P.?
From: vincent diorio <vdiorio@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:15:47 +0000
OKAY!! Here is a POSER!  I am REALLY close to being finished with my restore
of a 1966 MG Midget, and run into a wall with wheels.  The wheels (wires
w/splines) I have can easily be sandblasted and powdercoated, but replacement
of the tires has me stumped.  I could not easily find tires!  The ones ON the
wheels are ORIGINAL (the car only has about 25000 miles) but are so dry
rotted, I fear ANY bumps in the road.  They say "tubeless" and are 13x4.5 60
spoke, but I was told I needed tubes, rubbers, and I am having a really hard
time finding someone to take off the tires from the wire wheels for the above
work, then replacing and balancing them.  I am SERIOUSLY looking into
minilites with splines for regular tires.  Any suggestions?  HELP!!!  I was
told minilites with splines will not fit the square openings of the wheel
wells, sandblasting the original wheels will ruin the "true", etcetcetc.
HELP!!!

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/