Re: [Spridgets] 45DM4 Re: still no workie...

To: Edward Perez <eap2140@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 45DM4 Re: still no workie...
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:00:07 -0400
I'm guessing dizzy drive is 180 out. It happens to me on just about
every rebuild.
But the initial crank over lets out a big bang when it's 180 out and
after a few of those bangs, I know exactly what's wrong.
If you have a regular Lucas 25D dizzy, the vac advance should be
pointing at about 1:00 (one o clock) when looking at it head on.
nipple of the vac advance just to the right of straight up.
#1 plug wire is at 4:00 on the dizzy cap, counter clockwise 1-3-4-2.
Now if the dizzy is 180 out, move those wires by 2 spots counter clockwise.
#1 goes to #4, 3 goes to 2, 4-1, 2-3, and try it.
Move the dizzy towards the front of the engine until it kicks back when
trying to start it then push it backwards a 1/4" or so and fire it up.
That's how I start a problem engine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ