Re: [Spridgets] Pinky broke down but I got her home,

To: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pinky broke down but I got her home,
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:08:11 -0500
Herb,
the pump must be good to suck.out the gas from the soda bottle I'll
get some prices from the radiator shop thanks
Lin

On Saturday, October 31, 2009, WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lin,
> Have you checked output of the "new" fuel pump.  It may be ticking, but not
pumping.  Check.
> Radiator shops can 'boil' you fuel tank, then coat the tank with an aircraft
quality sealant.  A bit expensive, but it's good for life.

<grunthaner@gmail.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'grunthaner@gmail.com');>>
wrote:
> List,
> I was driving Pinky down the block 3 to be exact. And she behaved like she
> ran out of gas. I had gas on the gauge but looked at the filters and it
> showed zero gas. I heard the new pump pumping so assumed a clog in the
line.
> I didn't want to tow her home because I should be able to fix it and it was
> only 3 blocks away. So I opened the carb bowls and saw they were dry and
> wanted to get enough gas in them to get her home. I walked home and grabbed
> my gas can some nylon ties tools and a soda bottle. I put the gas line in
> the soda bottle 1/2 full of gas and tied the bottle up with with the ties.
> She fired right up and away I went back home. I put the hose back on the
> line so I wouldn't forget days or weeks later but noticed in 3 blocks she
> drank half of the gas way too much gas for a short ride? I took the gas
tank
> hose out and looked at the tank and put a dowel in and it had 2 1/2 " of
gas
> in the tank but the tank looked clean and shinny. I assume the steel line
> has a clog but I didn't have time to take it apart. I'll take the line off
> at ether side and blow air in with my compressor when I have time later.
Any
> other tips would be appreciated. I am thinking the best fix would be to
> replace the line if nothing comes out and maybe even the gas tank but I
know
> there is a fitting on our tanks that are unobtainable would that be for the
> new tanks too if so I guess i would keep that fitting or is there one on a
> new tank. Lastly who should I buy a tank from or who would I send this old
> one to for cleaning?
>
> Thanks for all I have learned via this great site,
> Linda & Pinky
> --
> Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you
forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which
includes my email address!  It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish
to have their email addresses sent all over the world!  Erasing the history
helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being
propagated!  IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.