Re: [Spridgets] Pinky broke down but I got her home,

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pinky broke down but I got her home,
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:11:23 -0500
Brad that's a great idea I didn't know there was a rubber hose back
there I thought I replaced all the rubber when I bought her

that sounds like the problem
thanks Lin

On Saturday, October 31, 2009, Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com> wrote:
> the flexible fuel line from the tank to the pump, usually goes up into a
loop, between the tank and pump. See if it is cracked in the uppermost part of
the loop, and sucking air. I had that happen to me once. Replaced the line,
and all was well.

<grunthaner@gmail.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'grunthaner@gmail.com');>>
wrote:

> List,
> I was driving Pinky down the block 3 to be exact. And she behaved like she
> ran out of gas. I had gas on the gauge but looked at the filters and it
> showed zero gas. I heard the new pump pumping so assumed a clog in the
line.
> I didn't want to tow her home because I should be able to fix it and it was
> only 3 blocks away. So I opened the carb bowls and saw they were dry and
> wanted to get enough gas in them to get her home. I walked home and grabbed
> my gas can some nylon ties tools and a soda bottle. I put the gas line in
> the soda bottle 1/2 full of gas and tied the bottle up with with the ties.
> She fired right up and away I went back home. I put the hose back on the
> line so I wouldn't forget days or weeks later but noticed in 3 blocks she
> drank half of the gas way too much gas for a short ride? I took the gas
tank
> hose out and looked at the tank and put a dowel in and it had 2 1/2 " of
gas
> in the tank but the tank looked clean and shinny. I assume the steel line
> has a clog but I didn't have time to take it apart. I'll take the line off
> at ether side and blow air in with my compressor when I have time later.
Any