[Spridgets] A While Back I Had an Issue With my Brakes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] A While Back I Had an Issue With my Brakes
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:38:50 -0800
A while back I sent an email off to the list regarding my brake pedal, ie.
having to pump it to stop the car. .  and this after bleeding everything
out.

I have not been able to look at the car for a couple of weeks or so.  But
last night I was pressing the rod into the master cyl from under the hood
and noticed that the cap on the master cyl was spewing air and brake fluid
mist.

The caps for these have a hole inside which I think must be there to add
inverse pressure.  The top of the cap has a ridge.  The air is spewing out
of the ridge area.

I took the cap off of my container of brake fluid and screwed it on to the
top of the master cyl.  Right away I noticed an improvement in pressure.
(For some reason the cap to the brake fluid container fits perfectly to the
top of the master cyl - but not something that I would try to live with).

So I am going to bleed the system again. .  put a new cap on the thing which
I hope will solve the problem.  (And fix the drum brake leak on the
passenger side).

Kirk
59 Sprite

PS
The odd thing is that the clutch has always worked fine.