Re: [Spridgets] Ampmeters

To: Skip Jackson <jackson.skip@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ampmeters
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:45:39 -0600
I don't mean to demean or discourage you but I find amp meters
useless.  The main drawback to installation is that everything except
the starter must be routed through the amp meter to work.  There are
types that don't require this routing but they will be more expensive
and require some kind of shunt or some other trick to work.  I find a
volt meter is much more useful.  If your electrical system is sorted
out properly and you don't have some special load like booming sound
systems then your headlight will probably be your biggest draw of
current.
If you still want one, go for it, but I'd research installation wiring
requirements and then decide if seeing the amp load in real time is
worth anything to you.
Cheers,
Derf